On a beautiful sunny day, why not take the opportunity to recharge your batteries by the sea or in the countryside. The perfect opportunity to concoct a zero-waste picnic:
- The trend is for reusable “bee wrap” pieces of cotton fabric coated with beeswax, easily replacing cling film or aluminum foil. Very practical for wrapping fruit, cakes, sandwiches…
- For salads or other more fragile products, opt for the box. This will have the dual function of bringing back your organic waste for composting.
- No cans or plastic bottles: opt for the gourd, reusable at will, and the thermos for tea, coffee or soup.
- Prefer reusable aluminum or bamboo cutlery, a cloth napkin as well as reusable cups. In fact, this is the perfect opportunity to dig out your Granville Carnival ecocup that you’ve deliberately kept as a souvenir.
- Salads, sandwiches and cakes made with local, seasonal produce to be found at Destination markets.
- And to carry it all, a wicker basket, isothermal bag or backpack.
- At the end of the meal, improvise a trash can to leave no trace.